Jan 8, 2011

Feeling Inspired

Life has been so crazy busy but with the holidays and hiatus from work I have had a couple of seconds to breathe.  In those seconds I found some time to watch Holiday with Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant.  Not only had I forgotten how much I love that movie but I found myself inspired!  The style of that movie! Not to mention the great Hepburn and Grant! I usually find myself inspired by both of them.  So some pictures...
From Holiday-This dress is gorgeous.  The back has this little slit opening.  Sexy and tasteful, never gaudy.

From The Philadelphia Story-the dresses and suits in this film have great little details, the ties, the trim...not to mention the brilliance of this film.

From Bringing Up Baby- Everything about this film is fantastic and hilarious!  But I love the first dress with the ruffle top and would wear it now if I could.


 From Stage Door-haven't seen this one yet but these girls cover a slew of the styles of the time.

This dress is stunning and I'm seriously thinking of finding a way to make it.  Where would I wear it? I don't know but I'm sure a situation will present itself...

Also want this one


That all sums up to the fact that I'm feeling inspired to dress classy and sew some new dresses!  When will I have time for that sewing, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment