May 20, 2011

Norton Simon Museum Adventures

The Norton Simon day was weeks ago but better late than never, right?


Tank Top-American Eagle
Skirt-H&M
Belt-Modcloth
Shoes-American Eagle

Gorgeous day outside for a walk in the gardens after admiring art...








 I just happened to resemble the Degas "Little Dancer" sculpture.
 Young Girl Writing a Love Letter by Pietro Antonio Rotari (1755)
Theresa, Countess Kinsky by Marie-Louise-Elisabeth Vigee-Lebron (1793)

These are 2 of my favorite paintings at the Norton Simon, with the Countess being a favorite of mine since I was little. I've always been fascinated by the entire painting: clothes, landscape, and her beauty. The Young Girl one understatedly (I think I made that word up) beautiful  and also makes me want to write using a quill.
I absolutely LOVE this skirt. So soft and of course I'm always swinging a little bit to see the skirt swirling around me. Wonderful outfit pictures courtesy of my good friend Meghan! Thanks! I'm glad I managed to capture all the pollen on the little lake. My eyes were extremely puffy that day due to the allergies-I've-never-had-and-therefore-drive-me-crazy-season. We followed the museum with a tea house! Over 300 teas and fresh hot scones and jam! Fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment