May 27, 2011

Sewing Adventures

Summer is almost here and I'm feeling it will be a dress heavy summer. That, of course, makes me happy. Looking put together while putting minimal effort in getting ready, plus staying cool, sounds like my game plan. Shhhh it's my secret really. Everyone needs to think I put effort in when I'm really just comfortable and cool, haha.



Yes, I scored at a Joanne's sale! When patterns are $2 how could I resist? I might be adding more this weekend after the antique fair. But as much as I love those vintage patterns, I'm not going to lie, I'm a little apprehensive about adjusting sizing and making alterations. I'm still new at this.
My first dress project is from the Retro '60. That cute little yellow number, only mine will be blue. Simple blue as I'm not ready to conquer big patterned fabric. Sewing is fun and completely conquerable... just baby steps everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment