Nov 30, 2011

Giving Blood Adventure



Shirt: American Eagle
Skirt, Bracelets, Tights: H&M
Necklace: Modcloth
Shoes: c/o Best Friend
Nails: Mermaid's Tears by OPI
Bandage: Red Cross

This is from a couple weekends ago. I gave blood, obviously! I didn't plan the red, white, blue color palette but I like it. Fits in with the nautical theme. Here's the thing, when giving blood I have to strategically plan my sleeve length. This worked.
Now I know that giving blood is not for everyone but I think it has, well let's say a bit of a reputation. Loads of people I meet think it is absolutely torturous pain and horrible. I'm here to say, nope! Sure it stings a bit when going in but after that it is a breeze. (A weird don't move breeze because that would be bad). You can lay there and use Twitter or play Words with Friends and save lives all at the same time! What multitasking! Seems like a lot of effort but it's actually the opposite and is probably one of the simplest ways to save lives. Only don't tell people that. Just say I give blood and watch them get impressed. If you say I give blood but it's so easy it's almost the lazy way to help people they will not be impressed. So wear your bandage proudly and remember that the lack of blood is an excuse to eat more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment