Dec 23, 2011

Food time!


No work and I'm still running around with so many things to do. But I thought I'd leave this for you as I run out the door and I haven't done a food post in oh so long. We all know that the holidays mean loads of good food. But what if you have to contribute and you want something different? Welcome to Brandied Pumpkin Soup! I made it for Thanksgiving but I'm a huge fan of pumpkin and I think it's perfect fall and winter. I'm still perfecting the recipe but the basic soup itself is so good! Not sure where I got this (it magically appeared in my recipes) and it's super simple to prepare.



Brandied Pumpkin Soup

  • ½ cup butter
  • ½ cup chopped onion
  • ½ teaspoon each ground ginger and nutmeg
  • 3-½ cups chicken broth
  • 3 cups canned pumpkin
  • 1 cup half-and-half
  • 2 Tbsp. brandy
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Crouton Garnish

  • In saucepan, cook onion in melted butter until transparent Blend in spices and broth. Bring to a boil. Blend in pumpkin and half-and-half. Reduce heat. Stir occasionally until soup is hot. Stir in brandy. Season to taste. Garnish with croutons. Makes 2 about quarts.


No comments:

Post a Comment