Feb 8, 2012

Black Swan and Museum Adventure





 Shirt, Skirt, Tights, Belt & Bracelet-H&M
Shoes-Target
Necklace-JewelMint
Hair-Milkmaid braids
Soundtrack-Always by Panic at the Disco

I've said it before and I'll always say it...I love this skirt! Styled this for church and love the juxtaposition of messy braids and the dainty ballet skirt. A toned down black swan look if you will. One of the ladies in the choir with me told me after church that she loves getting to see what I wear every Sunday. She told me that she is not fashionable enough to pull it off but that getting to see me do it is fun and pretty! I, of course, told her that anyone can do it! Made my day; what a great compliment!

The rest of the Sunday (this was 2 Sundays ago. Yes, yes, I'm behind) was a trip to the Gene Autry Museum! Free day! Yay! I know I've featured some pieces before (you can find it here in this post) so I decided to give some others a chance. I do love museums...

 The Bronco Buster by Frederic Remington (bronze 1895)
This was based on a Harper's Weekly illustration "A Pitching Bronco." It was Remington's first sculpture. I'm always so impressed whenever I see one of his sculptures, no matter how many times I may have seen it before.
 Passing Ships by Jean Mannheim (oil on canvas)
Mannheim was trained in Paris and one among a few California Impressionists who focused primarily on painting figures. His "figurative work contributed to the view of California Impressionism as a tasteful, if conservative, style by the 1920's" (from the info at the museum) All I can say is beautiful!
 The Lone Ranger costume
View of the Gene Autry Museum and the mountains

2 comments:

  1. Amazing Pictures. I like your blog :)
    Love Meroda

    http://berlin-fashion-fou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete