Oct 23, 2012

Oktoberfest Adventure









Costume-Upland Costume Company (Rented)
Shoes-Steve Madden
Flowers-H&M & DIY

This last weekend I embraced the German tradition of Oktoberfest. My sister and I helped out at an Oktoberfest event at our church. Besides loving my full skirt as I rushed about serving I laughed and danced along with everyone enjoying their German food and drink. All the profits went to charity, wonderful!
I learned that apparently being a costumer (for me) means I don't do things half way. Couldn't bring myself to do the pretend Halloween versions. Took my sister and off we went to try on many dresses at Upland Costume. Once we picked our dresses I went on to research shoes, makeup, and hair. Yes, I watched several YouTube videos, in German. Also learned that tying the apron has meaning. Tip: left side means you are single, right side you are not, etc. All the work paid off as Lauren and I got many compliments and conversations through the lovely costumes. 
Extra bonus was getting to style Lauren. Doing her hair and mine left me a bit rushed (per usual didn't allot enough time for it) but it was so worth it! Isn't she so cute?!




1 comment: